Participate in This Event or find another event
Saturday, October 18, 2014
1700 N Chaparral St, Corpus Christi, TX Map it
Already a participant?
Log in here
Total above may not reflect all participants, teams, and donations
Team leader kits are available at the American Cancer Society, located at 4101 S. Alameda. Join us after the walk on Oct.18th at our official after party at Brewster Street Ice House. We'll have entertainment, prizes, a silent auction and more!
Join us for the 6th Annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Corpus Christi. Last year, your local Making Strides welcomed more than 11,000 participants and raised over $375,000.
With every dollar you raise, the American Cancer Society is helping save more lives from breast cancer. Join us to help finish the fight and make this year our biggest Making Strides yet!
The fight to end breast cancer starts with a single step. Join millions of people in more than 300 communities nationwide and take that step with us at the American Cancer Society Making Strides of Corpus Christi walk. Just a few hours of your time at our non-competitive, 5K event will help bring a lifetime of change for people facing breast cancer and their families.
Every Making Strides Against Breast Cancer (MSABC) event is an incredible and inspiring opportunity to unite as a community to honor breast cancer survivors, raise awareness about what we can do to reduce our breast cancer risk, and raise money to help the American Cancer Society fight the disease with breast cancer research, information and services, and access to mammograms for women who need them. Sign up today and let’s finish the fight against breast cancer.
Event Day Schedule:
7:30 AM- Registration opens
8:30 AM- Opening Ceremony
9:00 AM- Walk starts
10:00 AM- 2:00 PM- Official After Party at Brewster St. IceHouse!
For the safety and integrity of our event, we ask that you please obey the following:
All participants need to register online prior to event day or
complete form at the registration table day-of event. This will ensure accurate
totals of the success of your 2014 Making Strides!
- No pets of any kind (service dogs are the only exception)
- No smoking or use of tobacco products (this includes e-cigarettes)
- No alcoholic beverages
- No bikes, roller-blades, or skate boards (strollers and wheelchairs are okay)
- No politics or petitioning (this includes t-shirts/campaign buttons)
- No marketing materials (flyers, coupons, promotional items, etc.)
- No sales, vending, or fundraising
- No stationary signage
- No personal tents
Logistics & Things to Know:
All participants will need to check-in at the registration tent.
- Parking is first come- first served. Parking is available in American Bank Center lots 2, 3, 5, 6, 10 and 13. Please do not park in private lots as we cannot be responsible for towing.
- 2014 events t-shirts will be available for purchase at the merchandise tent- limited sizes.
- Our walk is non-competitive and will not be timed.
- Water stations and portable restrooms are located along the route.
- The event is rain or shine. We reserve the right to cancel in extreme weather circumstances.
We Can’t Say Thanks Enough
Volunteer at our event
View our walk details
Event sponsored by: