Participate in This Event or find another event
Saturday, October 08, 2016
Registration: 7:00 a.m. Walk: 9:00 a.m.
501 NW 16th Ave, Miami, FL Map it
Already a participant?
Log in here
Total above may not reflect all participants, teams, and donations
Getting ready for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Miami?
Please see all information below to prepare for walk day!
Important Reminders About Making Strides of Miami 2016
Arriving: There will be track marker signage along the way to
lead you in the right direction. Please note that parking is available in the Home
Plate Garage and 3rd Base Garage free of charge.
- Please plan to meet your team at a designated location before making your way to the Check-in Tent. We anticipate more than 12,000 people on walk day.
CHECK-IN: Check-In is for those who have
already pre-registered online, for those who need to register for the event,
and is a place you can drop off any additional fundraising. Participants must
check themselves in or their team at the Check- In Tent. Check- In begins at
7:00 am and will be open until 10 am. Once you check-in, you can enjoy the
festivities as well as visit our sponsors for information and goodies. Team
captains can register on behalf of other team members.
Note to ONLINE participants: You are considered an 'online participant' if you register on the www.makingstrideswalk.org/miamifl by 12 p.m. (noon) on Friday, October 7th. Go to the Check-In Tent to check in and turn in additional funds. Please do not fill out a registration form because we've already captured your information via the Web site. Be prepared to tell the registration volunteer how much money you are turning in that morning.
Note to OFFLINE participants: If you do not register on www.makingstrideswalk.org/miamifl by noon on Friday, Oct. 7th, you must come to the Check-In Tent to turn in your registration forms and funds. We will have registration forms available at the Tent for you to register if you did not fill one out beforehand.
- For the safety of all participants we request NO bicycles, skateboards, or animals on the walk route. Wheel chairs and strollers are ok! Our route is 3.1 miles and will take about 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete.
- Smoking and alcohol are prohibited
-Pets are not permitted
- Hand-held signs only, please: Distribution or display of promotional materials of any kind is not allowed. Only hand-held team signage is allowed. If any signs are placed on the ground, leaning on a tree, or stationary, they will be removed. Sponsor signage and materials are allowed to only those who have been pre-approved.
- Tents or tables cannot be set up by any team.
- Suggestions for things to bring with you: We suggest bringing sunscreen, a hat, and appropriate clothing for the weather and walk (we walk rain or shine). Water will be available at 4 stops along the walk route, at the finish line and inside the park.
- Attention Breast cancer survivors! Please register at our Survivor Tent sponsored by Miami Cancer Institute where you will have the opportunity to receive special recognition, a complimentary breakfast provided by Whole Foods Market, a special goodie bag, and your Making Strides survivor t-shirt.
-Hope Café- Stop by the Hope Café to receive healthy grab-and-go food options and beverages provided by Pepsi, Starbucks, KIND Bars, Hilton Airport, Vicki’s Bakery, DiMare Fruit and much more!
- Donations will be accepted for
the 2016 Making Strides walk until December 31st, 2016.
Checks should be made out to the American Cancer Society and in the memo section of the check simply
write: Making Strides Against Breast
Cancer and Team Name.
Donations collected after the walk should be mailed to:
American Cancer Society
Attention: Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Miami
8095 NW 12th St Suite 200
Doral, FL 33126
- Don't forget about matching gifts - they can double the money you raise!
As we prepare for what is always an inspiring day of celebration and remembrance, we want to thank you for choosing to support the American Cancer Society.
See you Saturday October 8th!
We believe that everyone with breast cancer should have support.
That's why the American Cancer Society is so determined to be here for the survivors, the patients, the caregivers, and the millions saved through early detection.
Help raise funds for groundbreaking breast cancer research, life-saving education, and critical patient services by walking in the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Making Strides of Miami - Dade.
Get ready to join more than one million volunteers nationwide. When you sign up, fundraise, and participate in one of our noncompetitive, three- to five-mile walks, you will be there to support every person affected by breast cancer.
We walk to make sure that anyone touched by this disease has a hand to hold. So give us yours by taking the first steps in supporting this year's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event.
You can start a team, or keep your team going. And keep raising awareness and donations.
Begin today! The sooner we start, the farther we'll go.
Join us now.
Sponsor our event
Volunteer at our event
View our walk details
Event sponsored by: