The American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event is helping save lives from breast cancer. Our efforts are complimented by the leadership and support of our national teams. Together, we are saving lives
Our National Team Program allows your company or organization to join the fight against breast cancer by engaging your employees or members and their loved ones to make a difference, make history, and make strides against breast cancer. The Making Strides National Team Program offers your organization a unique and meaningful way to boost morale, cultivate team-building skills, and demonstrate your commitment to this important issue. Our National Team Program appeals to organizations with large regional or national networks that are willing to commit to:
- Recruit at least 1,000 walkers to participate annually in Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, with a minimum of 25 walkers per walk site in which the company has a local team.
- Make a minimum fundraising commitment through employee and corporate contributions of $100,000 (local flagship sponsorship, matching gifts, grants, or other cash sponsorship are included, if applicable).
- Promote National Team Program membership on their Web site and/or intranet.
- Identify two company contacts: One to coordinate teams and one to encourage fundraising and the internal promotion of a Making Strides Against Breast Cancer national team Web page provided by the American Cancer Society.
- Establish regular communication with their American Cancer Society relationship manager.
- Promote the support of the organization’s leadership (e.g.,CEO).
- Encourage participation in all office/facility locations where Making Strides Against Breast Cancer events are located.
- Track progress (e.g., donations raised, list of team leaders, locations, addresses, etc.).
- Implement ongoing internal corporate communications to promote involvement in Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, as well as cancer prevention and early detection information for all employees or members.
- Hold a meeting/conference call with all business units, departments, and/or regions to encourage involvement in Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and to discuss the integration of the National Team Program into their overall business strategy.
If your company or organization is interested in learning more about the Making Strides National Team Program, please complete the form below and an American Cancer Society staff partner will follow up with you directly. Or, call 1-800-ACS-2345 anytime, day or night.
We apologize, but the selected Survey is currently unavailable.