Are you a creative, passionate Making Strides fundraiser with ideas to share? Help show other Making Strides participants how easy and fun it is to raise money and make an impact in the fight to end breast cancer. We are collecting short videos from our volunteers and supporters that tell the story of how you’ve been successful in raising funds for the American Cancer Society. Whether you’ve raised $500 or $5,000 – we want to hear from you!
It’s easy! With your cellphone, flip-cam or any device that will record video and audio, record video footage that shows us how you’ve raised lifesaving funds for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Once recorded, you can upload your footage. We will edit select stories into short video vignettes that will be featured on this website to encourage others to participate and raise funds to help finish the fight against breast cancer.
Sabrina submitted multiple video and photo segments, according to
How To Participate
- Record a few minutes of footage, telling your fundraising story and showing us how you’ve been successful
- Agree to the terms
- Upload your video!
- Decide before you begin recording what you want to say and show.
- Find someone to help you record if needed.
- Start your video by introducing yourself and where you are from.
- Be creative!Don’t be afraid to include action, use pictures or other objects, take us to a special or particular location, and include family and friends.
- Feel free to record yourself doing different things at different times (creating different segments).
- You can also upload footage that you have previously shot, and you can send us still photographs via email.
- Submit as many video segments as you need to tell your story.
- Make sure you shoot horizontally (not vertically), which will show more of your surroundings and make for a better finished product.
- Make sure to speak at a level that is easily heard by your recording device. Don't yell, but don't whisper!
- Send your video as soon as possible. The earlier you submit, the better your chance of being featured on our site. The deadline is September 16.
- Have fun!
If you have questions or want to send us still photographs, you can email Melissa Bowers at the American Cancer Society.